Saturday, April 10, 2010

A Twilight Night

Last night my roommate, Monica, and I watched the Twilight movies. Theres two out right now. You see, we arent die-hard fans. We just cant seem to understand the concept of a love story involving a vampire. You cant either? Dont worry - its not the most usual story anyway. But several days ago, I said to Monica, "Monica, I feel, as girls, we have a duty to watch Twilight." I received the strangest look. I followed with, "That way we can know what all the hype is about... obviously, well make fun of it." So it was decided. Friday night, we were going to watch whatever Twilight movies were on dvd.
Our friend Lauren joined us for the Twilight Saga. We ordered pizza, made some snacks and got all settled to embark on whatever adventure we were headed for.
The covers of these movies was enough to entertain us for a good few hours. But we pushed them aside and began with the first movie. Wow. Theres definitely enough to make fun of. From Kristin Stewart, who could barely act to the lipstick Robert Pattinson wore the entire first movie. We laughed and made jokes the entire movie. The lines were corny, the "creepiness" was definitely creepy, and obviously the plot was completely unrealistic. Besides the existence of my vampire ex-boyfriend, its just completely wrong. However with about 20-30 minutes left of the first movie, I noticed we were all enticed by the movie, staring intently at the screen, and hadnt made a joke a good while. I commented on this and immediately we all started laughing. We figured it was because the whole movie was rather slow and finally, it picked up so we were finally entertained. I had to admit that the way Edward is protective of Bella is super cute. We all admitted it. Its kinda what made the movie. We finished the first movie and began the second.
We were told at Blockbuster that the second movie was much more entertaining and quicker than the first. That proved to be right, but we were already in support of Bellas relationship with Edward, the vampire. When he left in the beginning of the second and we were left with Jacob, the warewolf, we were a little disappointed. Jacob did leave us with plenty to make fun of though. I like Edward though, so I wasnt as much of a fan as the second one - even though it was a little faster.
After the movies were over, I found myself interested in what was going to come next. As in the next movie. I admitted I was a part of Team Edward. No, Im not a die-hard fan, but Im intrigued. Besides, I figured out that its not the plot girls fall in love with. Its Edward. Its the character Robert Pattinson plays. Its how hes protective of her and willing to do whatever to keep her safe. And shes not the easiest person to keep safe - with all the shennanigans she gets herself into. Now if a girl is Team Jacob - I dont get that. Robert Pattinson truly makes the movie. As I was talking with Monica and Lauren about the movies, we discussed who we liked better. Thats right - we found ourselves picking sides. I was explaining my choice of Edward and said, "He has so much self-control. Jacob just gets angry and turns into a warewolf. Edward can control himself. I mean, he even stopped sucking Bellas blood when that was what he really wanted!" I paused. We all looked at each other and started laughing. "Yes I realize what I just said and how strange this entire thing is." We all laughed harder. I never thought I would be interested in Twilight. Monica suspected this would happen for both of us, shes curious of the next movie too. I didnt expect to form an infatuation... though Im not addicted or infatuated, just intrigued. I thought we would laugh and laugh and be done with it. And truly, they were some of the most ridiculous movies Ive ever watched. But, like I said, its Robert Pattinsons character that makes the entire story worthwhile. So now, we have all these tween girls running around thinking Edward is a real guy out there, who will save them from other vampires and wolves. Ah delightful. Anyways. That was our night. Twilight. Filled with lipstick, solemn music, rehearsed de-shirtings, corny acting, and oh thats just the beginning!! Theres more to come! We have to find out what happens next!

No comments:

Post a Comment