Thursday, August 5, 2010

Respect the Badge!

First off, I must apologize to my small following. Im really not a good blogger. I feel like I dont always have a lot to talk about. Im not always the most exciting person to tell stories (or lack thereof, lately), nor am I interesting. I dont really provide a unique outlook on life, like my sister does. Im not a snake charmer, like my grandma. I dont meet interesting people while I clean their teeth, like my mom. But I have a feeling I might have more to report when I start back up with school. Though, those reports might be "Day One: I need to study 4 chapters, write a paper, prep for a test...WHY AM I BLOGGING?!" But lets hope not. Anyhow.
Lately, Ive been super into the TLC series "Police Women (of Memphis)." Stop me if youve heard of it. (Or just skip to the next paragraph.) They have different cities they follow, currently the city is Memphis. Its not my favorite city theyve done, but it is the most intense. The other cities show mainly drug busts, small misdemeanor crimes, etc.. On the series premier of Memphis, a man was found shot! Opening scene. I knew this would be good.
Dont worry. This isnt a report saying Im dropping out of school, and jumping into the academy. Through soul searching throughout the summer, I think Im good to go. I know what I want to do. Itll be a hard road, but go big or go home right? To end that short note, I will be returning to school in just a few short weeks... something Im not ready for, in my mind.
Anyhow, I just think it would be super cool to be a police woman. And to be quite honest, I think I would be kinda good at it. Ive been told Im tough... I know what youre thinking, Carly tough?? Shocker... But its true. Ive been told Im intimidating. I can handle the tough stuff. I like to be in charge, but I would like to have the authority to be the go-to person.
In several episodes, this cop is talking to people, who are disrespectful and just rude to her. She finally says, "Okay, I am the police! You respect me!" I think it would be kinda cool to be able to do that! I mean, in reality... who wouldnt?! Shoot.
I see a highway patrolman on the freeway and I instinctively slow down. Doesnt matter if Im already going the speed limit. I dont want to be pulled over! I pull up in front of, behind, or next to a police officer, I am sure not to look at my phone - even to check the time or whatever. The car gets respect without even demanding it. I would love to know what thats like, to drive down the street and turn to look at the car next to me and see someone driving, staring straight ahead, hands ten and two, going the speed limit... Id be like "Ya thats right! I got the badge! Im driving the car!" I mean, Id be saying it to myself - it might be bad if I took advantage of that position.
Then I think I could not go through all that training. I would definitely not be able to make it. Id end up being a mall cop (which is perfectly fine). Paul Blart - who takes his position like a police officer. But its what makes him the hero in the movie. Although, he had to be the hero. How tragic would it be if you have a movie called "Paul Blart: Mall Cop" and he ends up making matters worse and someone else saves the day? Then it would be called "The Other Guy." Haha! Thats a movie out right now... but with guys, plural.
..... And other random thoughts of Carly Danae. Well. Its 11:11. Make a wish! I worked today, yesterday, and am scheduled for tomorrow. I must turn in my license to blog for the night... Though after this randomness I should turn in my license to blog permanently. Who knows... Maybe some of you are enjoying this. Laughing your head off.
On another note, before I sign off. Honesty is the best policy. Even if youre honest about receiving too much money from the bank teller, so you have to give some back, it is the best. And I say that knowing in my heart, it was right. But being honest, in my head, we couldve had quite the shopping experience. All well. I suppose we can rest/sleep peacefully tonight, knowing we did the right thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment