Monday, May 30, 2011

My Point?.... None.

Just to share - theres not much purpose to this blog, other than to provide a read for my small following... cuz I know that you might come here to check if there are any new developments in Carlys life and continuously find yourself disappointed when the last posting is still from 3 or more weeks ago. But maybe itll be a little entertaining for you to read until something worthwhile to report comes to mind.

Well Ive now been on summer for a few weeks. It has consisted of working, hanging with my injured mother (who cant work), relaxing, hanging with friends... the typical summer stuff, so far. It has been lovely. Simply lovely. I know itll get crazier soon, but for now, Im grateful for this time.

Because of my recent decision to commit to my life backup plan, I decided I need to get back in shape. Understand, I have not been in top shape since my water polo days in high school... three years ago. Yup. Ive become lazy. Accustomed to college life of getting to do whatever I wanted. No pressure to work out to be in shape for a sport - no need. And since school seems to take over my life like ivy on a house, exercising kinda falls to the end of my to-do list. But I found free workouts on ondemand and decided it would be worth a shot to try out. Yesterday, I decided today would be the day to begin that horrible adventure in exerciseland.

I was so excited when I woke up this morning because I remembered there was an all-day Criminal Minds marathon on A&E today! I guess it was their way of celebrating Memorial Day? I would suggest a marathon of The Unit, but thats just my opinion. I didnt complain - I love Criminal Minds. I walked out to the bonus room to find my parents had already turned the tv to that channel. It was gonna be a good day, at least while I was home before work. But after a few episodes, I remembered my promise to myself to do an exercise video. Ive done a few before - they provide quite a workout! So I tore myself away from Criminal Minds for a bit and searched through my options of 100 or so and settled on a Jillian Michaels 58 minute workout.

I was barely 5 minutes into it and I was regretting this selection, let me tell you! She is one tough instructor. But I was feelin it! Needless to say, I stopped 17 or 18 minutes into it because I was so shaky and tired and sweaty. Pathetic right? I know. Its bad. After that, I did do a 10 minute ab workout... cuz I know theyre in there somewhere, begging to be worked. Im a tragedy. I know it. I have a long road ahead of me. But to get to where Im headed, I have no other choice. I think in the end Ill be grateful. But right now, Im walking a little funny cuz Im a little sore and Im definitely feeling the effects of the short amount I did. I will do the full 58 minute workout with Jillian without stopping! But that day is not today... and probably wont come this week either. But at some point it will. I know it will! After all, if Im gonna be running 3 miles a day at some point, this cant be as difficult as it is now.

I kinda found myself laughing throughout the day at myself. My entire major is concentrated on convincing people that exercise is important throughout a lifetime. It helps a person be healthier - improves their cardiorespiratory strength, overall endurance, muscle mass, on and on and on. Im tested on these things - I have to know all of this. And yet I make a decision to NOT work out each day. And as I sit with sore legs, Im reminded why I make that decision. Then I work out and I think Im stupid for making that decision. Its just a tangled web I keep weaving myself!

Well. Thats pretty much all I got. Just an unfortunate "workout session." If I can even call it that. And now, I shall return to my Criminal Minds. I think Im picking up on things... this is good for my future! I dont want to live in Quantico, but never know what agencies are hidden here in San Diego. ;)

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha!!! Totally laughing out loud at work and trying to wipe the huge grin off my face :) I can SO picture this! Although I must say, you are motivating me to get busy! I've got a walk to prep for! Not quite as hard core as the police academy- but still. I'll do a workout with you!

    ReplyDelete