Thursday, October 31, 2013

Let's [Not] Workout!

Every day for the past couple years, I have thought - at some point during the day - I should really work out... I really need to get active and get in shape and lose some weight. And when I say every day, I really do mean every day. So, yesterday was no different. I awoke in the morning, grateful I didn't have to go straight to work and was able to veg in the morning. I relaxed, watched tv, took my time waking my mind up. All the while thinking I'm going to do my Jillian Michaels dvd this morning! With my excited-can do attitude, I pounced off the couch!

This is what happened.

I grabbed the phone and dialed my sister.
"Whatcha doing?"
"Oh I'm trying to encourage myself to workout. What are you doing?"
And we talked for an hour or more.
We hung up, only because she was at her destination and meeting a friend. Otherwise I could've talked to her about each strand of my hair to avoid getting off phone.

I walked into the kitchen to fill a glass with water (in preparation for my workout).
I spied a container of chocolate chips cookies I had baked the day earlier (I really am the source of my own downfall).
Of course, I had to eat one! Which means two.
Then I found the perfect cookie. I set it right on top for me to eat at the end of my workout... I need a little incentive, right?!

I walked to my room to get the weights and put on more comfortable clothes.
Coming back into the family room, I realized I had forgotten the weights.
Go get the weights.
Grab my Bible while I'm at it.
It's ok, I can eat the cookie now. I'll have another one at the end.

Oh, lets do some quiet time! I mean, it is most important.
Read my Bible.
Lord, I'm spending time with you. I love you. Please make me skinny. This should be worth more than crunches!
That didn't work.
Another cookie.

At some point, I did end up doing a brief workout. But usually, I end up showering and once I'm clean, I can't get sweaty! Needless to say. I hate working out. It never gets easier. It never becomes likable. But it is needed, relatively. I was the only person in college like this, cuz I was surrounded with Kinesiology-workout people. But hopefully now, those around me understand more. At least my mom does. We've devoured those cookies.....

No comments:

Post a Comment