Thursday, October 17, 2013

Pioneer Woman... In Training...

I have a bit of an obsession. Its been growing - it isnt NEW, but it has sprung within the last year. And its going to sound slightly stalkerish, but its truly not. It is a fascination with a person. Not a "typical" celebrity, but I guarantee you if I ever meet her, Im fairly positive I will be star struck. Some people have heard of her - if not on their own, then definitely by me.

Her name is Ree Drummond. She is better known as the Pioneer Woman. 

I found her on Food Network. Another obsession I have. [Obviously] she has a cooking show and makes all kinds of amazing things! Ever since the whole Paula Deen scandal (which - lets not even GO there) and Food Network cancelling all her shows (ya, she was once on half the day), its obvious theyre trying to find a new 'Paula Deen.' I feel they have been elevating the Barefoot Contessa. Wrongly so. I believe, Pioneer Woman should be the new face of Food Network, as Paula Deen once was. 

Anyway. PW lives on a ranch in the middle of nowhere, Oklahoma. A HUGE ranch. With her husband and kids. She cooks for her family while they manage the ranch. She takes them food, sets up picnics, has steaming hot meals ready at the end of the day... Plus all other mom/wife duties a mom/wife does. She calls herself an accidental country girl and is not ashamed to say she still hasnt gotten the hang of ranch-life. Yet she seems like a pro. 

And truly. I just want her life. I want to be her. She is just the perfect woman. I love the country, I am a country girl at heart. I love that life style. But since I cant actually be her, I just really really want to know her and be her friend. Let me tell you why. 

She is genuine - just so real.
She cooks incredible food! And isnt afraid to go a little heavy with the cream or butter. I love it. 
She is honest - whether it be on her show, confessing she licks the brownie bowl during commercial breaks, or on her blog when she tells stories about how she cannot dance. 
She is kind. 
She is welcoming - constantly having company over and hosting all types of functions. 
She is humble. She has the coolest life, but she never acts like she has it all. (Partly because she cant go down the street to grab a Starbucks.) 
She is funny! Shes a little corny, but thats part of why shes so captivating!
Shes adorable! She wears the cutest shirts and the cutest boots, always has her hair and makeup done. Always looking flawless. On a ranch. Im sure - its not an easy task.
Did I mention she is an amazing cook??
She loves her dogs and always has them be part of her show, blog, or cookbooks. [She also loves all the other animals on her ranch, but her Bassett Hound, Charlie, is always with her.]

You have to watch her show, or at least read her blog (a posting or two). Youll quickly learn why she is so great and youll fall in love with her too. You can find her website here:http://thepioneerwoman.com/

Itll entertain you for hours and make you super hungry. Youre welcome. =)

I can only pray I have little characteristics of Pioneer Woman... since I dont see a cowboy taking me to a life like hers anytime in my future...

1 comment: