Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Beginning Fresh

What a beginning. I have moved in to our apartment here at the beautiful California Baptist University. It hasn't even been a full 24 hours, but I do feel blessed already. I have seen few familiar faces, but what a welcoming they have provided. From my roommate leaping off the couch and jumping in my arms to greet me to the load squeal from a visitor at the door, I cant help but feel I am supposed to be here. This is what God intended for me. Talking to these incredible friends, they have realized the same thing. What an incredible experience that God is revealing things to us at the same time, and its all similar. I have yet to meet my other apartment mate, but I am very excited. I feel this year will be a fresh beginning. Of course the struggles will occur, but they will occur anywhere I go, in anything I do. But this is what is happening in my life right now, I don't regret a moment of my decisions to get here. Obviously, I still miss home, miss the extreme familiarity of the surroundings (though its better this year than last), miss my family - my mom. And saying goodbye to my dog proved very difficult for me, as I teared up and kissed her, with a feeling I wouldn't see her again. Even now as I think about her, my eyes swell with sadness. I have to convince myself I will see her again. Gives me a reason to visit. But every foul must wander away from its stable to learn what types of grass and other fouls there are in the world. The past is behind me. Last year had its difficult sufferings, but they are in the past. I learned from them, I overcame them, only by the grace of God.
But as I sit on the couch, looking out the window to see a beautiful grassy field, sipping my coffee, and reading some of His Word, I realize how blessed I am. So many times I have asked why am I being put through this? Why do I deserve this. Struggles have been near and far, but they have been persistent. Now I realize, He is rewarding me with a new experience, a fresh start. And that is so incredible to know. Incredible to know He has always been with me, He has never left me. Only with Him am I standing in this spot right now, well sitting. But how amazing is that? I miss home, but I will visit often. And there is no way I am staying here the rest of my life.... Lord, don't pull a fast one on me and have me end up here. I will return to the wonderful San Diego as my final resting place (not burial, but living til I die - hopefully of old age). Anyways, this is now, this is MY now. And I am lovin every minute of it.

1 comment: