Sunday, September 6, 2009

Tortured by the Bell

The time has come. It is time to return to school. Kids all over have been shopping for new clothes, putting together new school supplies, and mentally preparing themselves for yet another year of school. I am definitely included in this statistic. Though I have been trying to keep it a secret that I do not like school, I think it is finally time to release this secret to the world. I hate school. Literally, every aspect. And on that note, I am facing another year of school. Now, college is a whole different world from anything I've ever experienced in life. I have learned a lot about others around me and about myself as a person. I think it has been good for me, but I feel enough with the good... I'm done learning. I'm ready to be done. Or at least, I'm prepared to make the decision to work at Mikky Ds for the rest of my life, instead of working my tail off for the next infinity amount of years trying to make the grade. Don't get me wrong, I am thankful for those serving me at Mc Donalds, as well as other food places, I'm most definitely not knocking them. Anyways, as I pack up my things to move back to Torture Land, it leaves me thinking about things.
I do not understand why people are so persistent on moving out of their parents' homes. It's understandable if it is a bad home, but when someone has loving parents who provide for them, I wonder why anyone would want to leave that. I realize I am so blessed by my parents. They have never forced me into anything I did not want to do. They never left me unprepared for anything I stood up against. They put a roof over my head, gave me many options of food to eat daily, and provided a stupendous amount of love and support. Why would anyone want to leave this? If I felt my school wasn't where I should be, I would leave it in a split second. I would love to live at home, work, go to school, all the while chasing my dreams of becoming a veterinarian. But that isn't right for me. It may be right for others, of which I am a little jealous of, but I am being led another way to achieve my dreams. A way in which I am excited for, but I feel I am ready to finish this adventure, rather than just beginning it.
I know this is what I should be doing though. I know this is right. But each day I contemplate quitting it all, finding a cave far far away, and settling down there. No expenses, no responsibilities, no cares. But, then I think, that is so not what I want. So I go back to my question: Why is it that so many people wish to leave home so quickly? Of this answer, I am convinced. They do not want to leave, they are happy being provided for. But, they must leave to pursue their dreams, which often require an education. Don't worry guys, your secrets safe with me... But don't be too secretive... After all, we're all in the same boat anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment