Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Disney Tribute

You would think I would write about Valentines Day... Or as every person without a significant other calls it: Single Awareness Day. And dont get me wrong, my day today was not bad at all! But the important day to mention of this weekend was yesterday.
Saturday, I embarked on a Disney adventure with my good friend, Jacob. I have been excited to go to Disneyland for weeks. And when we made plans to go last week, my excitement soared even higher. To begin my blog, I want to point out, that this weekend was a 3-day weekend - for SOME people. Presidents Day is tomorrow and, obviously, Valentines Day is today. (Not that I ever got school off for Valentines Day...) We realized we were crazy for going this Saturday as we got closer to a crowd infested Disneyland, but we figured it would all be part of the adventure.
We parked and headed to the park(s). (Haha!!) Starting our day at Disneyland, we first made our way to Space Mountain, after a pit stop at the bathroom. Coming out, I find Jacob surrounded by... tourists... at that point I definitely knew this was going to be an interesting day. Crowds. Tourists. Strollers. Children. Four of my all-time favorite things. I wont walk you through every little thing we did, cuz that would take a while (and Ive received complaints on my post lengths). But I wanted to share some interesting things I learned... and things that I feel even stronger about.
#1: I could never be a character at Disneyland. Too much smiling. Too much happy. Too many kids. To overwhelming. One dream... shot by reality.
#2: I took a "test" telling me what Disney character I am most like. You may think I am like Cinderella in my breath-taking beauty, Pocohontas in my free spirit and stubborn nature, or even Snow White in my inability to turn down a delicious apple... but my character will shock you. Or maybe it wont - if it doesnt, please keep it to yourself. I am most like.......... the wicked queen in Snow White.... I felt this also reinforced that I shouldnt be a princess (or any character) at Disneyland... (However, I did felt a little better knowing Jacob is most like the candlestick in Beauty and the Beast.)
#3: Little girls should not have Minnie ears with veils on them. Those are for brides. I dont think a 4 or 5 year old was just married. Parents - you are hurrying the growing up process, in case you didnt know... I feel like I should have gotten one of those - seeing as Jacob and I were unexpectedly married on the Monsters Inc ride, with a family of four to witness.
#4: I need a lot of practice in Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear... games where you shoot either random objects to hits things or lazers at targets. It was a true tragedy to be responsible for such low points at these games. And even when the ride stopped in the middle of Buzz Lightyear and I had a target to constantly shoot literally right next to me, I still lost in the end. Shame.
#5: I have always been a "free the leashed child" type of girl. I want to carry scissors, just to cut kids loose. When Jacob asked my opinion of these leashed children, I openly and honestly shared my feelings on it. He agreed. Another reason why we get along so well. At the end of the day, we were walking out of Disneyland following a couple with their child... who was on a leash. She was constantly running and was even pulled back several times by her father, who controlled her movements. Jacob, unbeknownst to them, took pictures. (Upon telling my parents this story, believing they would feel for the child, my mom shocked me with her comment of, "Thats probably why she was on the leash... she runs everywhere!")
#6: Rainforest Cafe is an awesome restaurant. And Disneyland is definitely one of the happiest places on earth. (My home is still number one on my list, though.)
I would be down to spend a day at Disneyland any day! I had a ton of fun! It was a well-needed break from homework, school, and Riverside. A huge thank you to my amazing friend for accompanying me in this Disneyland journey! And thank you for a delicious dinner!!! And thank you for letting me distract you from homework!
Everyone needs a little Disney in their life. Even the man who got kicked out of Knotts Berry Farm... for reasons I could not understand....

No comments:

Post a Comment