Thursday, February 25, 2010

Relief and Stress - Together???

Sitting out on my balcony this lovely Thursday afternoon, I can breathe a sigh of relief. Im just about halfway done with my semester. I expected this week to be a bit of a calm in the storm that has been my academic semester so far. No such luck. Im beginning to lose hope that I will have a relaxing week, where I maybe spend 1 or 2 hours on homework each afternoon, rather than 7 or 10. So, I embark on more homework and pray that summer comes fairly soon. I had planned for this semester to be jam packed of school work, and I got myself prepared to throw everything I have into finishing strong (like I did last semester). Im not losing that dream. I want to finish strong - which is why I throw everything I have into my books. How many people can say my Vertebrate Physiology book is one of my best friends? I can. I believe I have entered Loner Land. Im basically constituted as a book worm. Id rather be a worm than a rat though... although, I have 2 labs - making me a bit of a lab rat... great.
Well. This week: I completed a two-part test. A very difficult lab report. A midterm. A massive chart for my midterm. It may not sound like a whole lot, but literally these things have been taking me hours each day to complete. And I know I need to go inside and pick up my book and keep reading. I know I need to answer a few questions for chemistry. I need to study for a chemistry quiz I have every Friday. I need to study for an exercise physiology quiz. And copy those notes. Nope. It never ends. And tomorrow will be a full day, as well. Hopefully, with fun aspects. I guess theres not a whole lot to write. I am just so done with school, homework, studying, CBU, Riverside, here here here. Im ready to be in my glorious bed in my wonderful home in El Cajon, watching a movie. Ive hit the "Im done" point. I hit it every year. Honestly, every year since I was young, I get to a point where Id just about rather be poor, living in a cave the rest of my life than to keep going to school and doing all it entails every day. Im not trying to complain. Im thankful. Just trying to keep reminding myself of how blessed I am.
Well. Last night I saw the clock turn 2. In the morning. I dont advise this. I can tell you right now - its not exciting - go to bed. I dont think Ill be doing that again... not that I was desiring to in the first place....
A little lesson Ill leave you with. This afternoon, while sitting on my balcony, I watched a soccer game. Always look ahead - look where youre going. A guy ran into the flag at the corner. He continued to chase after the ball as if it hadnt happened.... And Ive totally done that. But we can apply this to life. Basically, always look where youre going. You may not know where youre headed, but youll at least know when youre about to hit a tree or something, so you can dodge it. I feel like I need to do that a little more - cuz Ive been running into things a lot... Anyways. Sorry this was so random... Hope you got the lesson though! =)

1 comment:

  1. I love your life lessons. :) Hang in there sissy. You can dooooo it!!

    ReplyDelete