Friday, September 17, 2010

A Trip Here; A Slip There...

I would like to introduce myself. Hi, my name is Carly and I am a total klutz in many areas of life.
The past few days have been interesting, just in the aspect of my travels to class, around the caf, to my apartment, where ever Im headed. Some would say this because they reconnect with people they see as they walk. Some may say this because this day is beautiful and walking in it is simply a glorious thing. The reasons may be endless, but I highly doubt many people say it for the reason I am about to give.
I have tripped, slipped, stumbled, etc. etc. so many times the past few days.... making it very interesting to say the least....
I mean, I was walking up to a door and didnt realize there was an incline... and totally fell forward. I had never been so thankful for a door in my life. Had it not been there, I wouldve fallen and probably hurt myself pretty bad. It has happened so many times. I thought I had the whole walking thing down. Ive already accepted I am not, nor will I ever be, a biker rider. But now, I have to relearn how to walk in order to be successful in getting around. Actually, connected with discoordination (kindof), my roommate, Monica, has to do an activity for a class where someone acts blind or is in a wheelchair and she has to guide them around campus. I immediately offered to be blind. I just realized, all I have to do is take out my contacts and-boom-Im blind. Guess this is going to be easier than I thought. Depending on how that goes, I may blog about it... Anyways, I dont know if its strange, but I dont usually become embarrassed when I trip... I just think its funny. But I guess to many people, that would be a very embarrassing moment.
Friday (yesterday) Monica and I went to the grocery store and ran a few other errands. I have to say the grocery store is one of my all-time favorite places. I get in such a good mood. I get all laughy-like and excited. I think its being around all that food. Ill have to dedicate a blog to the grocery store sometime... It might not be interesting, but it might help me understand my infatuation with the grocery store. After that, we went to Blockbuster. Did you know Beauty and the Beast is currently locked in the Disney vault?? Ive never been so frustrated with Disney.... Wait.... No, Im sticking with that comment. Ive never been so frustrated with Disney. To brighten our spirits, we listened to music. And sang along. And danced. Monica and Carly style. Its uncopiable. Thats right I said it. People just cant do what we do. We sang into our microphones (a hair brush and the iPod) and let the Beauty and the Beast disappointment melt away. (I still am irritated with that though.) Usually girls sing in their hairbrushes in their room... We do it in the car with tons of people around to see. Why do it in privacy? You need someone to do it with you and you need an audience!
Today we went to the beach to get our tan on and relax a little. In the short 2-2 1/2 hours we were there, I became a burnt lobster. You may be saying "Lobsters are red...." Yes, I understand that. And imagine that lobster being burned. Is it redder in your vision? It definitely should be. Im pretty red. And I sting. But Im focusing on what Ill look like when it turns into a tan. I think Ill look pretty good! At least, the back of me will.... The front of me wont be as tan because I spent more time tanning my back than my stomach, so now I have a nice "front" and "back" line along my sides. Its quite fabulous. But when it becomes tan, Im hoping it blends a little.
Not much else to report. The roomie and I are going to the Charger game tomorrow with my amazing parents. Were pretty stoked. (AND IT WAS AWESOME!!!!) Needless to say, this blog was random. Sorry about that. I felt I hadnt blogged in quite a while and figured your disappointment might fade when you check this blog and see a new post this time around. I probably shouldve called it "....and other random happenings...." But all well. Really... all is well. I shall do something before embarking on a home adventure. Farewell fellow bloggers and dear readers, who read my blog... even when its like this one....

**This blog was started on Friday and finished on Saturday.**And pictures where added on Monday.**

No comments:

Post a Comment