Thursday, November 24, 2011

A Day to Give Thanks

Today is Thanksgiving. I think its sad that we always give thanks on this day... as if it isnt as important to give thanks on every other day of the year. Im guilty of it too. Im trying to be better. Trying to take each day as a gift, give it to the Lord, and praise Him and thank Him for the things/people/situations He has blessed me with in life. I am so undeserving, and yet, He chooses to love me and provide for me on a daily basis. I think the thing is, though, that this day gives us the opportunity to voice our thankfulness more than most others... similar to a birthday in that its a day dedicated to a person - a day to celebrate that person and let them know how much they mean to us.

Anyways. Tangent over. Today is a day to give thanks. I posted a few weeks ago about how my heart has been in "thankful mode." It still is. This week has provided such an amazing reminder of all the incredible things I have been blessed with. It has been a busy week, but it has been a wonderful week.

Because today is thanksgiving, and I am continuously humbled and grateful, I figured I would follow my sisters lead with her blog posts. On this day [and every day] I am thankful for:

A Savior who loves me despite my failures, weaknesses, doubts... the list goes on. Who protects and provides for me. Who brings me through the toughest of struggles. Who has a plan for me, even if I know know it nor understand it right now. Who loves me unconditionally despite my undeserving it.

A mom who gets me. Who takes me shooting. Who laughs and dances with me. Who supports and encourages me. Who loves me always and forever.

A Steve who has given our family a life we never thought wed have. Who stands by me. Who teases me and accepts my teasing with grace. Who loves me.

A sister who was almost taken from me. Who finds joys in the simple things and encourages me to do the same. Who supports me. Who laughs with me. Who loves me for who I am.

A brother-in-law who loves my sister and takes care of her. Who gets excited to see me and spend time with our family. Who loves me.

A whole more of family who I can have a good time with. Who support me. Who is big and loud and overwhelming at times, but I wouldnt have it any other way. Who loves me.

A dog who has the sweetest heart. Who gets excited when I walk in the door and wags his tail when I kneel down to kiss him. Cats who are cute and cuddly. Animals who love me.

Friends who understand and accept me. Who encourage and listen to me. Who seek me out for help. Who love me without trying to change me.

A house - home - to return to. Which always has a warm feeling. Which is always inviting and welcoming. With a comfy bed and a relaxing atmosphere.

A car to get me to the places I need to go. Which also provides a comfort zone.

An opportunity to go to school which not everyone has. Parents who are able to help with that unfortunate cost. Professors who always have an open door, kind words, and care about where Im going and what Im doing.

Waking up each morning. Falling asleep each night. Second chances. Fresh starts. Thoughtful people. Justice. Animals. Armed forces. Great movies. Songs with a good beat. Rain. Sunshine. Fire (in a fireplace). Delicious food. Heroes to look up to.

Just to name a few things Im thankful for on this Thanksgiving.

"I will give thanks to the Lord because of His righteousness;
I will sing the praises of the name of the Lord Most High." - Psalm 7:17

No comments:

Post a Comment