Saturday, December 3, 2011

It is Well.... For Now.

One week down, 2-ish to go until Christmas break. And yes, its CHRISTMAS break, not "winter break." Because its centering on Christmas. Though I was expecting these weeks to be fairly simple, this past week packed a bit of a punch. It had good times, but was filled with grief (which is all stated in a past post, if youre curious). But even in all of it, my heart has swelled with grief and sadness, yet humbleness and gratefulness.

Im grateful for a grandmother, my own little prayer warrior, who listens to me and shares about herself with me. Who has an open door policy, embracing me (and my dog) whenever we visit. Who helps me with a homework assignment, trying her hardest to give me the best answers possible (I wasnt cheating - I was interviewing her, promise!). Who loves me for everything I am and is always praying for me and rooting for me.

Im thankful for a roommate, who helped me with my project/presentation with a smile. Who was excited to see me when I picked her up from the airport. Who has been bubbling over, in excitement, to tell me things. Who inquires about me and gets me.

For a friend who loves me and understands my not-always-needing-to-talk aspect. Who has stuck by my side this past week, despite my solemn mood. Who expresses her own gratefulness for me and love for me.

For a mom and sister (and other friends) who support me and check on me when they realize I am having a hard week. Who understand me and where Im coming from. Who encourage me and send me messages to get me excited for things. (Ill explain that in my next blog... I decided I wanted to split up the news.)

For finishing a project with ease and presenting it without difficulty. For a professor who accepted my rough draft of a project as my final draft because, well, it was just that good. Haha! For a professor who has decided to give our final before finals week... which is pure amazingness. For a professor who cancelled class and, therefore, cancelled part of our final.

For having a lazy day today. Where I get to stay in my pajamas all day, not doing anything. Literally, nothing. Because everything is done and turned in... except for my finals.

Despite a hard week, I cant help but thank the Lord for what he has given me. In this moment, I just cant help but be grateful. In this moment, it is well with my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment